Friction is all around us. Without it, we would have difficulty walking, running, or even standing. We need friction to drive our cars and fly our airplanes, and we need friction for our motors to drive pumps and our pumps to push product. So when it comes to our plant assets, friction is both friend and foe.
Lubrication of rolling element bearings is one of the most misunderstood tasks in the industry. Can it be true that 40% of bearings never live to their engineered life cycle and bad lubrication practices are a leading cause?
To achieve optimal lubrication we must know:
- When a bearing needs new grease
- What quantity of new grease is required
- And how much is TOO MUCH!
Acoustic Lubrication with ultrasound testing is the technology of choice for Lube-Techs who want to avoid these three common mistakes:
Three Mistakes to Avoid When Lubricating Bearings:
- Lubricating based on TIME instead of CONDITION
- Over or under lubricating the bearing
- Using low quality “Listen-only” ultrasound instruments
To Hear More about implementing a world-class ultrasound greasing program, download Ultrasound Lube Technician Handbook.
Ultrasound by Allan Rienstra - SDT Ultrasound Solutions