- Shaft speed of machine being analyzed
- Type of bearings involved (sleeve vs. rolling element)
- Rolling element bearing part number(s) and manufacturer(s)
- Internal configuration of equipment
- Machine History
- Proper data collection location
- Proper sensor to use for data collection
- Proper data collection setups to ensure correct data is collected
- Is the primary energy sub-synchronous, synchronous or non-synchronous?
- If the time waveform is collected in acceleration then what is the “g” level?
Maintenance Tips, Vibration Analysis by Gary James CRL