Bearings produce less friction when they are properly lubricated. But how do we know?
- How can you be confident that friction forces are where they should be?
- How can you confidently apply just the right amount of grease to return friction levels to normal?
- How can you distinguish between a bearing that need grease and a bearing that is failing?
How does Ultrasound help?
Using an ultrasound measurement tool with digital decibel metering is a proven method for:
- Establishing a historical baseline for friction levels
- Monitoring changes in friction levels at regular intervals
- Triggering alarms when friction levels elevate
- Evaluating data to differentiate failure from friction
Our Ultrasound solutions are designed for budget minded inspectors. However attention to detail, robustness, and quality have not been sacrificed at the expense of low price. Equipped with needle and threaded contact sensors, acoustic lube adapter, and multi-surface magnet, our SDT systems answer the basic needs of lubricators. The non-contact temperature sensor can be used for additional control of bearing condition prior to and after lubrication.
Download Ultrasound Lubrication Technician Handbook