Reposted from RELIABILITYWEB®
- Assemble a team and identify applications for a program
- Justify needs by recognizing key areas where improvement can be benchmarked
- Set written goals for the program
- Establish how ROI will be measured
- Purchase quality ultrasonic inspection equipment
- Invest in certification training at both management and user levels
- Choose a leader to technically carry the program forward
- Establish a system to reward the successes
- Frequently review the progress as part of regular meetings
- Ensure everyone involved is 100% mentally invested in the program’s success
Tip from Hear More: A Guide to Using Ultrasound for Leak Detection and Condition Monitoring by Thomas J. Murphy and Allan R. Rienstra.
To learn more about airborne ultrasound, download a chapter preview of Hear More.