Proper equipment alignment removes many root causes of equipment failure. Some of the benefits of proper alignment are:
- Reducing vibration levels. Lowering vibration levels in your equipment will result in increased component life for bearings, seals, couplings and other components. For example, reducing overall vibration levels in equipment by 10% can increase bearing life by approximately 40%.
- Minimizing coupling wear and failures.
- Minimizing seal failures.
- Reducing the possibility of shaft fatigue and sudden catastrophic failure.
- Reducing power consumption in running equipment.