Measuring Alignment Changes
1-DAY ROTALIGN® ULTRA LIVE TREND CLASS
Cold alignment targets may not accurately predict the actual operating condition of a running machine. ROTALIGN® ULTRA Live Trend is used to monitor movement of machines during run-up or coast-down phase, in order to determine the positional change over time and the influences of given events. Our objective is to train you and your alignment team to measure positional changes (thermal growth) with ROTALIGN® ULTRA Live Trend.
- Mounting point locations; bracket set-up and laser beam adjustment
- Dimensions, measurements, and results
- Measurement objectives
- Live Trend data collection exercises
- Interpretation of data
- Deriving alignment targets
- Software review
- Student’s particular topics and problems.
Students should have measuring experience in general; some exposure to the laser system would also be helpful but is not required.