VIBRATION AND ULTRASOUND ONLINE MONITORING
A condition monitoring solution combining the versatility of ultrasound with the analytics of vibration.
VIGILANT TOP FEATURES:
- 8 channels (Ultrasound or Vibration)
- 4 channels (Temp/Tach/Process)
- Embedded data management software
- Open communications protocol
- Static and Dynamic data
VIGILANT is an 8-channel online condition monitoring solution that combines the versatility of ultrasound diagnostics with the analytics of vibration data. An additional 4 channels allow inputs for more conventional machinery information such as temperature, RPM, and other process data.
VIGILANT is a stand-alone solution. With its own embedded software contained within the measurement pod, anyone with network credentials has access to critical asset health via a web browser. Using standard communications protocols like Ethernet, OPC, and Modbus TCP, VIGILANT’s communication capabilities make the sharing of asset data to other information systems easy.
There are many applications where using a single condition monitoring technology to attempt to identify a failure mode doesn’t net the outcomes needed by reliability planners. VIGILANT combines insights from two proven technologies to bring conditional data into a common location, while providing industry-standard tools to perform analysis.
As assets become more heavily guarded for safety protocol, condition monitoring teams need more creative ways to access collection points. VIGILANT solves the accessibility dilemma by mounting low-cost, high-quality permanent ultrasound and vibration sensors to the asset, and then connecting the data directly to the asset owner.
VIGILANT is available in two configurations:
- VIGILANT Mobility – comes packaged in a rugged, environmentally protected carrying case and is designed to travel with you to field-level critical assets where temporary 24/7 monitoring is required.
- VIGILANT Permanent – installs and remains on an asset for its life cycle.
VIGILANT manages both Static and Dynamic data, creating an opportunity to establish long-term trending, analysis, and diagnosis at the earliest point in the failure curve.
Use the VIGILANT solution for a number of applications in your plant:
- Early detection of rolling element bearing faults (especially in slow-speed applications).
- Status of couplings on critical assets in limited access locations.
- Monitor guarded assets such as robotics or CNC machine centers.
- Lubrication status of roller bearings.
- Valves deemed critical to a process.
- Detection of partial discharge in electrical assets such as MCC panels and switchgear cabinets.
- Detection of friction or impacting in linear motion applications.
- Detection of turbulence produced by cavitation in pumps and valves.
- Detection of hydro-cyclones used in mining processes.