SHAFT ALIGNMENT FOR ROTATING MACHINERY
The course is designed for millwrights, mechanics, and craftsmen who must become proficient in the use of their laser alignment tool in performing day-to-day alignments of coupled rotating machinery. The course includes both practical hands-on and theoretical instruction. Proper alignment principles and practices are stressed, including soft foot, troubleshooting and special applications.
I could not have learned the fundamentals without the hands-on time. This was very important and useful to all of us.
- Alignment terminology and principles of correct shaft alignment.
- Review of components and features.
- Measurement functions and exercises.
- Repeatability and accuracy issues and troubleshooting.
- Tolerance tables and usage.
- Alignment procedures and methods.
- Soft foot:
- Measuring soft foot conditions
- Analyzing soft foot conditions
- Correcting soft foot
- Spacer shafts; tolerances and alignment.
- Targets and thermal growth: deliberate misalignment (optional).
- Special applications and procedures.
- Student’s particular topics and problems.
Student should have alignment experience in general; some exposure to the laser alignment system would also be helpful but is not required.
I know for a fact that with what I have learned in these 2 training days, I will cut down my alignment time at least in half. Thanks for your expertise and the time you guys spent with us!
Bring us to your Facility
Onsite Group Training
We can bring this class to you, classes are limited to 6 participants. You furnish an instrument to be used in the training course, a classroom with a large erasable marker board, 4 color markers, a projector and projection screen. We furnish two additional instruments, three training simulators* and all training materials.
*Equipment rental available. Contact us or call us at (305) 591-8935 for pricing.
See our Alignment Training Schedule for our Regional or our Miami Training Center classes.